Capsule Project: the nano wasm runners
v0.4.2 ⛱️ [beach umbrella]:
- Update with the last version of Wazero v1.4.0.
- Capsule HTTP is faster thanks to the Wazero optimisations.
- Capsule HDK:
v0.0.7(🐞 fix with Redis + Wazero v1.4.0)
- Capsule MDK:
v0.0.6(🐞 fix with Redis)
v0.4.1 🫑 [pepper]:
What is the Capsule project?
Capsule is a set of WASM runners. Right now, the Capsule project is composed of:
- Capsule CLI: to simply execute a WebAssembly module in a terminal
- Capsule HTTP server to serve a WebAssembly module like a micro service or a function.
Host DK & Module DK
- The Capsule applications are developed thanks to the Capsule Host SDK (HDK)
- The Capsule modules executed by the The Capsule applications are developed thanks to the Capsule Module SDK (MDK)
🎉 That means, since now, it's possible to develop various runners thanks to the Capsule Host SDK
More tutorials are coming soon!
- Capsule: the WASM runners project: with this blog post I explain how to create WASM modules (with the MDK) for the Capsule CLI and the Capsule HTTP server, but too, how to create your Capsule application (with the HDK).
What does a WASM Capsule module look like?
WASM Module for the Capsule CLI
WASM Module for the Capsule HTTP server
What are the added values of Capsule?
Capsule applications bring superpowers to the WASM modules with host functions. Thanks to these host functions, a WASM function can, for example, prints a message, reads files, writes to files, makes HTTP requests, ... See the host functions section.
Useful information for this project
v0.4.2 ⛱️ [beach umbrella]: update with the last version of Wazero v1.4.0 + 🐞 fix with Redis.
v0.4.1 🫑 [pepper]: update with the last version of Wazero v1.3.0 + GitLab webhook sample
v0.4.0 🌶️ [chili pepper]: update of HDK 0.0.4 then 0.0.5, (🎉 performances: more than x 2 🚀). capsule-http: add of 2 endpoints (
/health) triggering the
OnHealthCheckfunctions of the WASM module.
v0.3.9 🥒 [cucumber]: update of HDK 0.0.3 with Wazero 1.2.0 and MDK 0.0.3 (encoding of the HTML string into JSON string, then it's easier to serve HTML)
v0.3.8 🥬 [leafy greens]: 🐛 fixes of the FaaS mode
v0.3.7 🥦 [broccoli]: 🚀 FaaS mode (documentation in progress) + NGrok integration
v0.3.6 🫐 [blueberries]: Prometheus metrics + 🐳 Docker images
v0.3.5 🍓 [strawberry]: Update with HDK & MDK
v0.3.4 🍋 [lemon]: Capsule next generation (performances: x 10 🚀)
- 🌍 Downloads: https://github.com/bots-garden/capsule/releases/tag/v0.3.8
- 🤚 With the previous version of the project, Capsule was an only one application to run as an HTTP server, a CLI, a NATS subscriber and publisher and a MQTT subscriber and publisher. In the future, we will reintroduce the capabilities of NATS and MQTT, but with separate runners.